this is an upgrade of BI2, it adds more ships to some of the races and fixes some bugs. great job MaP.
BORG:Incursion 2 - Counterstrike Expansion (Story Line)
Defeated, and with its fleet of once mighty and feared vessels in tatters, the Borg has been forced back into the furthest reaches of the Delta Quadrant. Species 8472 are continuing in there attempts to purge the galaxy of any race it considers "inferior". The incursion of the Borg has seen fit to give the Federation and its new allied major powers a reason to form a new peace treaty. With its newly rebuilt fleets the Federation plans to make a bold move and enter the Delta quadrant to finally wipe out the Borg. So begins the final chapter in this story, and the counterstrike is underway....
.....As with all projects there tends to be something missing, and as a result I've taken the time to bring additional vessels and some extra stations which I was unable to include in my main project, into this mini expansion, which I hope will be enjoyed by one and all......!!!
Expansion additional information as follows (project version v5.0 Complete)
- Federation Additions: 12 extra vessels and 3 stations.
- Cardassian Additions: 4 extra vessels and 1 station.
- Klingon Additions: 6 extra vessels and 2 stations.
- Romulan Additions: 9 extra vessels and 1 station.
- Minor ODF updates: Nothing to specific. Just a few minor updates for one or two vessels/stations.
New Counterstrike splash screen base image courtesy of Andrew J. Hodges (www.startrekaustralia.com). Borg Diamond and Sphere taken from Armada 1. Borg Tactical Cube, my own work (texture courtesy of TGO).
The Counterstrike addon will also install an update for the Map Editor which will give support for the additional vessels, stations and planets which both the BORG: Incursion 2 and Counterstrike uses.
I have also take the time to include 2 maps which are specific to the BORG:Incursion 2 and Counterstrike Project/Expansion. You MUST have both these installed to use them, and effects are unknown if you attempt to use these two maps seperately from within an unmodded game. Details for these two maps are:
Heavy Junk (Filename - MP03HJK.BZN): After the recent war the Helios sector was split into several areas. Player positions are top left, top right and bottom right. There also exists a large area which has a mostly derelict base (host of a recent battle).
Universal Armageddon (Filename - MP04ARM.BZN): A medium sized map finds up to four players. There is a nebula area in the centre with something hidden in it. Resources are mediocre at best, so you'll need to make do with whats there.
ADDITIONAL NON RACE RELATED
- Thunder Class: Classed as a map unit, unbuildable but capturable. (Original mesh created by Redragon (classified by the name "Jeroth class") and made for the cardassian race. Textures made using renders of the high resolution Thunder class, as obtained from www.startrekaustralia.com). With thanks to Westworld for removal of the Thunder class registry.
- Achilles Class: Mesh scratch built by me. Minor rebuild from another modder (texture also redone but original grabbed by myself from Dominion Wars in game pics)
- Akia Class: Kitbash model by me made from Deemons original vessels.
- Ambassador Class: Courtesy of 9ofNine (unchanged but re-exported)
- Arcadia Class: Original creation and design by Luan "redragon" Ngo (this version poly reduced by me. Textures unchanged)
- Darius Class Starbase: Based on the Emmense Class Starbase (original creation by "Don't Shoot"). Scratch built mesh by me with texture from 9ofNines Spacedock.
- Anomie Class: Mesh and texture courtesy of Interstellar Machine.
- Excelsior "B" Type: Original design/concept "Tachy". This version created by Dawn.
- Galaxy Refit (Future version): Mesh and texture created and courtesy of 9ofNine.
- Mediterranean Class: Mesh creation by Omnisight. Original conversion to SOD, Quevey. Texture addition by Bernd(ASDB) & Omnisight.
- Premonition Class: Original version rebuilt using sections from Deemons sovereign and intrepid class meshes. Texture unchanged but reapplied.
- Repulse Class: Kitbashed from Deemons models.
- Sovula Class: Kitbashed from Deemons sovereign and Nebula models with Deemons Nebula high res texture reapplied and 9ofNines Bridge Commander Sovereign texture map for the saucer.
- Wyvern Class: Kitbashed from Cleeve's excellent SoulWolf class (original design/concept courtesy of Atolm.
- All Breen vessels: Originally created by Ben Maxwell.
- Breen shipyard, Varesh Class, Sothak Class, Harass Class, Boreth Class: All kitbashed from stock models.
- BattleBird: Unknown source for this one.
- Duj'yay Class: Borrowed from Kleotol's Xtreme project.
- Lursa Class BOP: Borrowed from Kleotol's Xtreme project.
- MJolnir Class: Unknown source for this one.
- Verstis Class: Kitbash from models distributed with the Xtreme project.
- Vertas Class: Kitbash from models distributed with the Xtreme Project.
- Klingon Battle Platform: Kitbash from stock models.
- Klingon Support Outpost: Kitbash from klingon stock starbase.
- Firehawk Class: Originally created by Thu11 (SFC modeller), replacement nacelles added by me to lower the poly count a little.
- Javelin Class: Originally created by Gul Staxus.
- Romulan D7 Variant: Rear half originally created by Redragon. Front end stock model.
- White Wind Class: Originally created by Gul Staxus. Retextured as necessary.
- Condor Class: Originally created by Dark Razor. Released for A1 by Ben Maxwell.
- Kestrel Class: Kitbashed from Stock models.
- Valdore Class: Originally created by Dawn. Poly lowered to fit in with mod.
- Romulan Support Outpost: Kitbashed from stock models and textured using stock texture maps.
- King Condor Class: Current source is "unknown"
- Praetor Class: Current source is "unknown"
- Shadow Hawk Class: Current source is "unknown"
This expansion could not have been made without the aid and materials from the following people:
Deemon - Modeller and all round great person to know. Also responsible for the many kitbash models contained in this expansion. Without this mans models, and knowledge, the whole project wouldn't have been released and I wouldn't know what I know today.
Westworld - A good friend, and someone who has helped emenseley with all manner of things. Somewhat of an inspiration with his "Big Book Of Modelling".
Quevey - Another good friend who has given me more of a reason to continue and release this project (seems to be after the models!!!!).
9ofNine - Many thanks for the releasing of the models and textures that have been used in this release.
Credit also to the many people who have given me ideas, design scematics and other such information which has proved invaluable and most useful in my modding both Armada games. Credit also to those members of the Taldren Forums (Lord Bile (-LB-), Mind Blip and RavenNX, Zorg, Cleeve and Redragon) for their help, permissions, and general patience concerning all my questions.
It is to these people (and appologies if I've not mentioned you), that I give heartfelt thanks, and with that I'll say hope you enjoy playing my project as much as I have in making it!!!! Have fun!!!
Be warned that whilst bug support is given it will not be given to persons who subsequently alter the files contained in this release. Complaints and bug fixes of this kind will be ignored. This is considered as a friendly warning. However, if there are any bugs found then please use the email address located below and I'll do my upmost to sort out any problems.
Contact Email: email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact ICQ: UIN 60839084