Advanced Federation Turret
Heres a cool Federatrion turret for adding into your game, I think I might replace my BI2 turret with this, good job Dr. Slim...
Author- Dr. Slim
File information- federation turret mod
Developer- Dr. slim, original model and textures
This is an advanced fed defense turret. It's a torpedo turret with a sovereign phaser weapon added. Other than that it has
the same stats as the regular torpedo turret. Included in the WinZip file are; self lighted texture map, wireframe, bump
map, hardpoint list for further odf modding, the sod, tech tree, odf's for the turret and the fed construction ship, and
sprite file associated with the mod. Please note that the provided techtree file replaces the standard torpedo turret in
instant action games for the federation. Only the standard shipyard is required to build them.
1. Extract all files in the zip to a directory away from were you installed A2, I use my desktop. This way you don't have to
worry about over wrighting something you'd done with your own mods.
2. Make backups of the techtree, global sprite, and fconst.odf files. These files are modified in this mod.
3. Copy, paste or cut the following files to these folders in your game directory;
- gbFftrt.tga, Fftrt.tga, Fftrtbump.tga and fedwireframe11 to the textures/rgb file folder.
- Fftrt.sod file to the SOD folder
- fconst.odf to the odf/ship file folder, this will replace the original file MAKE A BACKUP!!!!
- Fftrt.odf to the odf/station file folder
- the hardpoint breakdown text document lists the weapon hard points for the station. The torpedo hp is at the top of the model, with the phaser hp's spread around the outside of the ring.
- the gui_global file to the sprites folder again PLEASE make a backup Copy!! (And Yes I know the system sprite picture
is slightly skewed it still works properly I hope)
- the tech1.tt file to the techtree folder, another backup if you please!
- Finally, (Phew!) place the Fftrt.bmp in the bitmaps/admirals log/ships folder.
4. Grab a soda, turn on the game, select instant action for the federation and enjoy:)
Please note I'm not a professional 3d artist or texture artist or game builder, I'd appreciate only constructive criticism
please. And, feel free to email if you have any difficulties or questions about the mod.
Copyright and Distribution Permissions
THIS PATCH IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION.
TM & (C) ACTIVISION & PARAMOUNT PICTURES.
Star Trek, Star Fleet Command, Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Star Trek: The Next Generation,
Star Trek: Voyager (and the various logo devices used in them) are copyright Paramount Pictures,
as are the characters, related images, and sound from the productions.