Part of Major Payne's bundle pack found here, http://armada2.filefront.com/file/Major_Paynes_Bundle_Pack_of_Ships;57245 , this is recommended for 56k-ers. For more details, please use the above link.
Federation Sapphire Class
It seems that with the Dominion war there came several specifically design Federation ships which were used directly for battle with the Dominion enemy. The Sapphire is one such vessel class. The prototype was, very much like the Defiant, way overpowered, but the teething problems that the Defiant suffered were not repeated. In the trial test the prototype USS Sapphire took out a large Cardassian installation and several defensive vessels. By the end of the Dominion war only two Sapphire class ships were in service - the prototype and its sister ship (USS Steel). They have since been refitted as heavily armed research vessels in charge of further exploration of the Gamma Quadrant.
Poly Count: 2182
Built Time: Aprox 9 1/2 hours
Texture Set: 8 variable sized Truevision tarGA (TGA) based texture files.
criticals- hp01 to hp16
phaser- hp19 to hp34
- Original concept and design by Atolm/Azel.
- Texture set created originally by WickedZombie45 (these textures are from the USS Titan which WZ45 created originally for the SCF3 community. The exception to this is MAPsap1a which is pieced together from the Titans texture set).
- This low poly model mesh created by Major A Payne with above textures applied as necessary.
- ODF editing by Joelteon7 and SuperStarAsh
- Admiral's Pic made by Joelteon7
*note. This mesh is heavily based upon Atolm/Azels Eden class (top view only).
You download this model and its associated texture files with the following understanding:
1) That you will not distribute any part of this zip in any capacity for any means of profit.
2) That you will refrain from editing any part of the mesh and/or textures without permission from the original creator of this work.
3) Any image usage or reconversions/additional usage will carry the above credits.
If you are agreeable to these points the feel free to use this. If not then you are politely asked to remove it from your pc.
In the event of any necessary contact then please use the following methods:
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- ICQ: UIN60839084
Thankyou for downloading this release.
Major A Payne