From the Mail:
This is the F/A-37 Talon from the movie Stealth. It is armed with missiles and a minigun. It can also do the whole swing-wing thing from the movie where the wings fold up and it can go faster or they can open up for combat. The missiles are made by draconis_sharp and I have his premission to use them.
Quote: "These things are fast and powerful, but unlike my previous models they are also low poly, I had 400 of them at once on my 1.47 ghz computer with 256 mb RAM, and since they are a fast strike aircraft you only reallly need a dozen of them."
WHATS IS THE F/A-37 Talon (From Wikipedia)
The F/A-37 Talon is a fictional fighter aircraft of the U.S. Navy in the 2005
film Stealth. The Talon is capable of hypersonic flight with combined Pulse
Model = Admiral_Icehawk
Ship ODF = Admiral_Icehawk
Ship Physics ODF = Admiral_Icehawk
Textures = Created By Psionic3d.co.uk Moddified For The F/A-37 by Admiral_Icehawk
Missile Sound = draconis_sharp
Missile Sod = draconis_sharp
Missile Texture = draconis_sharp
Build Button = Admiral_Icehawk
Wireframe = Admiral_Icehawk
Minigun Sound: Admiral_Icehawk
Minigun Sprite: Admiral_Icehawk/Altered from A2, so it only uses one of the three fed pulses
Weapon ODFs = Admiral_Icehawk
1. Copy the folders into the Armada 2 folder except for HP Maps. (Don't worry the missiles aren't called "missile"
so it won't override other missiles you have installed)
2. Open your gui_global.spr in the misc folder and scroll down to where is says
# Federation build buttons
copy this line right below the @reference=64 line
b_fa-37 gbfa37 0 0 64 64
# Special weapon buttons
copy these line right below the @tmaterial=interface line
b_fa37combatspeed fa37combatspeed 0 0 64 64
b_fa37hyperspeed fa37hyperspeed 0 0 64 64
3. Then scroll down to # Federation reference wireframes under the lines:
fa-37w1 wffa37 0 0 128 128
fa-37aw1 wffa37a 0 0 128 128
4. Open tech1.tt and fulltech.tt in the techtrees folder and add to each file
5. Next open a shipyard file and add
buildItemX = "fa-37"
where X is the next available number
6. Open the emitter file in Sprites and ad the line under and at the bottom add
# F/A-37 Weapons Emitters
7. Open the Weapon file in Sprites and add these lines under # Federation pulse phaser:
minigun wpulse 0 0 42 32
8. Once All This Is Done Enjoy Your F/A-37
THIS SHIP IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION OR PARAMOUNT PICTURES.
STEALTH IS OWNED BY SONY PICTURES
F/A-37 WAS CREATED BY SONY PICTURES
You may redistribute this ship mod or include it in your mod as long as you include
the credits above in your readme. Feel free to alter the odfs, textures and model if
you feel they look out of place in your game. If You Make A Better Model BE SURE TO POST IT
Email = admiral_icehawkAThotmailDOTcom
DOT = . AT = @ Sorry For The Inconveniance
or just place your comments in the comments section.